Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Blu-ray - Vampyres, US, 2010 (1974), Blue Underground (BU7019BD)


FPS: 23.976
Aspect Ratio: 1.85
Region: A

Film
No information.
I don't think this transfer is from the Original Camera Negative, an Interpositive at best. I also believe that the master used for this release is made of at least two different elements.

Normal quality element

Lower quality element


I'd like to add that I'm pretty sure Vampyres, just like Symptoms, was framed 1.37:1. I do find that on many occasions, the framing appears to be a little tight when cropped to 1.85. Here's an example.


Transfer
No information.
Looks quite like a Telecine.

Color Correction / Restoration
No information.

While rewatching Vampyres lately, I was surprised to see that José reused at least one shot from his previous movie, Symptoms.

Frame from Vampyres.

Frame from Symptoms. (1)

References:
1. Symptoms (Limited Edition) Blu-ray, 2016, US, Mondo Macabro (MDO164).






No comments:

Post a Comment